All other trucks not mentioned above.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

SURPLUS,SURPLUS,SURPLUS 1960s STYLE

Post by RANGER »

READ THIS AND DROOL
Excerpts from yesteryear at DRMO, 18 Jan 72 at Letterkenny AD

FRAME, WINDSHIELD Ord P/N 7375311 With weld nuts. For Truck Utility, 1/4 Ton, 4X4, M-38 FSN 2510-737-5311.
Outside- In Wooden Boxes-Unused-Good Condition
Total Cost $792.00 Est Total Weight 3500 lbs. 35 Each

JOINT, UNIVERSAL TransportationParts
Co., and Ramsey Winch Co. P/N 7411685.
Winch drive with set screw. For Truck,
1/4 ton, 4x4, M-38 FSN 2520-741-1685.
Inside-In Wooden Boxes-Unused -Good
Condition
Total Est Cost $8752
Est Total Wt. 700Lbs 748 Each

MUFFLER, EXHAUST: FORD, P/N GPW 52
oval type body, dry type, air cooled.
Applicable to a 1/4 Ton, 4x4 truck--
Ford Model GPW and Willys Model MB.
Inside- In cartons-Unused-Good
-Condition
Total Est Cost $2453
Est Total Wt. 6090 Lbs. 870 Each
There were 9 Lots of 870 Each, and 1 Lot of 953 Each.

I still have a small quantity of MB/GPW from this sale. 8)

NOTE:
As I rediscover my old stacks of catalogs from the 60s-70s I hope to find the listings for CCKW trucks for sale by the hundreds overseas, and the spares for same in the US.
I do have abstracts from the sales catalogs showing successful bidders, but will not disclose them.
This is how many of us dealers in the 50s and 60s met and networked with each other to fill our shelves with all the nice parts that are showing up today. There is not much left now, though, and there are many reasons for that.
This is from the good old days when there was plenty of parts to go around, and dealers wholesaled to each other.
I made lots of friends in the business, and met many of the early collectors as the MVPA started up in the early 70s. Someday, the catalogs and abstracts will be offered for sale.
Many of the items that were offered back then are now in the hands of the more experienced dealers such as Army Cars USA, Brent Mullins, Peter DeBella, George Baxter, Jon Bizal, Frank von Rosensteil, White Owl, Sid Beck, Sam Werner, Vintage Power Wagons, AB Linn, Adirondack, Vt Comml Salvage, RAPCO, and Ross Moir. I sort of fit in there on a very small scale.
Last edited by RANGER on Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Back then there were NOS Jeep, Dodge and GMC engines, Winch Kits for MB/GPW and M-38, Heater Kits for all types, and Winter enclosures, not to mention Jeep Trailers and NOS Canvas for all.
The Catalogs make for good reading, and it was fun to follow up on the sales and contact Sarafans to buy that MB top or Fuel Tank that they had dozens of
Much of the surplus still exist, but is now is in the hands of the newer and smaller dealers.
Last edited by RANGER on Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Want some more?
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

want some more?

Post by retro-roco »

said like someone offering illicit drugs or alcohol or something! Yes give us more! But only in small doses. Just a little at a time or we might OD :wink:

(pun fully intended!)
Kirk Gustafson
Item Coy, 23 Regt, 2 Inf Div
WWII HRS
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: SURPLUS,SURPLUS,SURPLUS 1960s STYLE

Post by RANGER »

They're back!
Just had a report that the WWII Jeep Mufflers resurfaced at Aberdeen after 40 years.