HOW MANY TRUCKS-REALLY?

All other trucks not mentioned above.
Ken J
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: 1941 Dodge WC-43 Telephone Installation (replica)
194? K-38 Telephone Tool Trailer
194? Ben Hur Trailer
1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 with winch

Re: HOW MANY TRUCKS-REALLY?

Post by Ken J »

Got a new definition of qualifying a truck as "truck". I was reading the latest issue of one of my 4x4 magazines and the following definition was settled upon by a group of 'wheelers:

The truck has to be drivable by you alone with your right arm bleeding badly. This is known as a "hospital truck".

Needs air in a tire? Hospital truck
Needs some oil or coolant? Hospital truck

Needs a transmission replacement? Not a Hospital truck

:lol: :thumbup:
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I have seen the vehicles that some post and many are "parts trucks". It's a "man thing". :wink:
I have a beat up CCKW Cab lying out in the woods. I could list it as a "VEP" Pontiac Michigan 1943 CCKW Open Cab.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
somewhere in suffolk
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by somewhere in suffolk »

there are some seriously impressive collections listed above.i dont think its possible to own too many mv's, even if there isnt time to restore them all,they may aswell go home to mother nature in the field of a collector with a slight glimmer of hope to past glories, instead of ending up as a few pounds worth of tax free scrap money. although in some respects its a bit sad for the vehicles which are taken to shows or rallies because when a new aquisition comes along the others are brushed by the wayside. i used to use my m715 then the hotchkiss now its all about the weapons carrier, the others are now resting in the dry covered in dust, and probably wont get used much now at all. but its fun to start them and look at them etc.. some people say that a mans prowess isnt judged by penis size ,but by how many cylinders they have! add yours up! :lol:

wc 51
wc 53
willys mb
hotchkiss m201
willys mc x3
kaiser jeep m715
chevy blazer
m54 reo
8 series reo dump
bedford mj
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

My, quite a list of playthings :lol:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

ranger, i do not care what others have, and for me its not a "mans thing" to flaunt the quanity of trucks, :wink: My collection is for the new upcoming Ohio Veterans Museum, which i am one of the founders. You've asked a question so here's my answer:, it is often nice to see what other have so we can PM, those with common interest, like Artillerman Dan, from the G, etc. and keep the pages clear of useless post, questions, and dialog, that often hijack certain thread
J bizel has a nice collection,( and a class act in the MV world) , and often when i go to states i will send those emails, to stop in and say hello, etc Wally also up in WI,
My stuffs mostly unrestored....but minty....I am currently finishing my M20, started one of the M3a1 Scout car restorations, and just bought and got back a M2a1 HT, and currently flying out to buy another early M2 Halftrack,, YEs collecting is fun,, but some pieces, are hard to find, so GETTING them is a priority,(armor), hey, john still want to keep the WC59 60,, pm me,, HA HA :P
jeff chester
Last edited by 68427vette on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

Collection:
VC1, VC1
VC3,VC3,VC3
VF401,VF401
VF404 VF404
WC1
WC3
WC4
WC6 AND 7 SOLD
WC11, WC11
WC13
WC19
WC36 4X2
WC38 4X2 PICKUP
WC21
WC22
WC26
WC27
WC51. WC51
WC52, WC52
WC53
WC55
WC54, WC54
SOLD WC56,WC56,WC58 ON THIS SITE I THINK? GERMANY
WC63
2-SCOUTCARS
HALF TRACK M2
HALF TRACK M2A1
HALF TRACK M16 WITH QUAD MOUNT WITH EXTRA QUAD TRAILER
HALF TRACK M3-75MM GUN MOTOR CARRIAGE
M20 ARMORED CAR
1941 CADILLAC AMBULANCE WITH NORMENCLATURE PLATES :thumbup:
1939/40 PLYMOUTH STAFF CAR,
SIGN BY ALL P-51 PILOTS/ TUSKEE AIRMAN ALSO
"dodge" is the password
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc28 ... ang076.jpg
blue car, my dads the one in the officers uniform i'm not in any of the photos

1939 DODGE (SOON TO BE STAFF CAR)
M38
ALL THE TRAILERS
FEDERAL COE 4X4 SEMI
INTERNATIONAL 4X2 COE SEMI
STUDEBAKER US6 SEMI
1952 NAVY FEDERAL SEMI
CHEVY EARLY K-51 PANEL WITH CIVI GAUGES(NEED REAR FENDERS)
NO JEEPS, SOLD 1942 43 44 45 GPW'S,
MB AND EARLY SLAT GRILL SOLD
GP SOLD
THAT CONCLUDES THE WWII STUFF,, ALS0 HAVE 4-6 CIVI pw AND 20 OTHER COOL CARS, UNRESTORED 57 CADILLAC HARDTOP, 53 BUICK HARDTOP, 53 MERCURY HRDTOP, 61 DESOTO HRDTOP, 49 CADILLAC SEDANETTES(2) 46 STUDEBAKER 1 TON TRUCK, 39 FORD 1 TON DUMP, BUNCHES OF 40'S DODGE TRUCKS, CANOPY TRUCK, PW DRILL TRUCK 68 CAMARO, 69 MUSTANG FASTBACK ,70 SUPERBEE 440-6 PACK PLUM CRAZY PURPLE
HHMMMM THERES MORE BUT OUT WEST, ABOUT 20 MORE CARS
35 PONTIAC 3 WINDOW, 41 CHEVY TRUCK, 49 MERCURY 2 DOOR, AND LOTS OF 30'S STUFF.35&36 FORD, 20'S CHEVY, DURANT, STUDEBAKER..
AND MY 68 CORVETTE AND 10 WORK DODGE TRUCKS AAHHH BOY I HAVE TO MUCH STUFF......................
Last edited by 68427vette on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

68427vette wrote:ranger, i do not care what others have, and for me its not a "mans thing" to flaunt the quanity of trucks, :wink: My collection is for the new upcoming Ohio Veterans Museum, which i am one of the founders. You've asked a question so here's my answer:, it is often nice to see what other have so we can PM, those with common interest, like Artillerman Dan, from the G, etc. and keep the pages clear of useless post, questions, and dialog, that often hijack certain thread
J bizel has a nice collection,( and a class act in the MV world) , and often when i go to states i will send those emails, to stop in and say hello, etc Wally also up in WI,
My stuffs mostly unrestored....but minty....I am currently finishing my M20, started one of the M3a1 Scout car restorations, and just bought and got back a M2a1 HT, and currently flying out to buy another early M2 Halftrack,, YEs collecting is fun,, but some pieces, are hard to find, so GETTING them is a priority,(armor), hey, john still want to keep the WC60 61,, pm me,, HA HA :P
jeff chester
Jeffery you did not understand the post, :wink:
My but you do have quite a list. There are some nice Museums in Ohio, Russ Jones has the nicest private military museums in Ohio. I generously donate to museums with ready to display items. and may leave a vehicle or two to Ft Economy-Sam Werner Museum.
You indicated having an M-1 Bomb Lift but I did not see it on your list. It would look great along side the M-6 that Sam Werner has.
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

yes, i understood the post, referring to people who have less than suitable restorable items and call them a collectable, i get it, heck i know of a guy who has a Preist tank,,, Cut into 4 pieces by the govenment,, well he still has more of a tank then me,(i/m not in the market for a tank, and never will be) we will have one or two coming for the museum) , i have a few parts trucks but i dont talk to many or post often enough, to care about lists, i rather spend my time in the shop..... restoring not typing,, aahh to each his own though,, ranger i love your educational post, they are thoughful useleful pieces of information that i'll use, someday, and i find them quite fun to read. i'm off to disassemble my scoutcar
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

68427vette wrote:yes, i understood the post, referring to people who have less than suitable restorable items and call them a collectable, i get it, heck i know of a guy who has a Preist tank,,, Cut into 4 pieces by the govenment,, well he still has more of a tank then me,(i/m not in the market for a tank, and never will be) we will have one or two coming for the museum) , i have a few parts trucks but i dont talk to many or post often enough, to care about lists, i rather spend my time in the shop..... restoring not typing,, aahh to each his own though,, ranger i love your educational post, they are thoughful useleful pieces of information that i'll use, someday, and i find them quite fun to read. i'm off to disassemble my scoutcar
You still did not understand the post, but that is OK.
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

oh well

Are they really collectible or just old hulks beyond identity and restoration?

I have seen the vehicles that some post and many are "parts trucks". It's a "man thing".
I have a beat up CCKW Cab lying out in the woods. I could list it as a "VEP" Pontiac Michigan 1943 CCKW Open Cab

not sure i missed the point.... maybe just interpreted it a different way.. carry on my friend!! have you been to sams, and russ 's place?? we are talking a whole different ballpark, here,, with the new museum, this is not going to be a backyard museum... in the sticks,,
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I am talking Ft Economy. It is a good privately funded museum, I have a few items on display there and probably more as I start donating my vehicles and NOS spares.
Ernest Aguilar
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Ernest Aguilar »

Here is mine:

45 Willys MB runnning
47 Willys CJ2A nearing completion
41 Dodge WC 27 collecting parts, Runs stops but doesn't steer very well!

44 Willys 1/4 trailer
47 Splicer 1/4 trailer

One understanding wife and a 4 year who loves to push on the gas petal :D
Ernie Aguilar
Las Vegas,NV
WC 27 81510000 11/41
45 MB 2/45
Ken J
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: 1941 Dodge WC-43 Telephone Installation (replica)
194? K-38 Telephone Tool Trailer
194? Ben Hur Trailer
1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 with winch

Post by Ken J »

Ernest Aguilar:

The last two items are worth more than the rest of the collection!! :lol:
pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pfarber »

And I have 1 driving truck. Shes a 43 cargo with the wrong bed and DEFINITELY the wrong colors (about 4 at last count). But after 2 trips to CA for parts and research, many, many MV shows and countless hours or reading I have the parts to put her back together. Parts from the UK, Canada, the USA, and Australia are all going to come together and form MY truck.

When she was built my cargo truck was one of over 560,000.. but in 2009 its the only truck in the world as far as I am concerned.
"The RH mirror also comes in handy to look back and see if that kid who ran across your path in a parade made it." -Ranger
Tom @ Snake River
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

at Snake River 4x4 we have
CCKW open cab restored
43 Chev 1.5 ton to restore
WC 51
WC 25 cc
M29C weasel
2-T-15 weasels being restored