WWII ISSUE RIFLE BRACKET

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

WWII ISSUE RIFLE BRACKET

Post by RANGER »

GM 2185230. Excellent condition, nothing damaged or missing, excellent paint, no rust, ready to mount. removed from super clean CCKW Open Cab which was always stored indoors.
$230.00 + $20.00 Fed EX in lower 48 UsofA only.
Have 2 for sale.

Same as on Jeep and other WWII MVs.
Last edited by RANGER on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: WWII ISSUE RIFLE BRACKET

Post by RANGER »

This was removed from my Open Cab during the conversion back to 1574 Closed Cab.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by retro-roco »

Joel,

Why did you decide not to mount it in your new closed cab?? Space issue for your passenger, or something else?? I know my Chevy closed cab has the hole in the dash for the rifle bracket mounting bolt.

Does your rifle bracket include the canvas cover?? I have a bracket, but the canvas cover will have to be used as a pattern for make a replacement as it's in rather rough shape.
Kirk Gustafson
Item Coy, 23 Regt, 2 Inf Div
WWII HRS
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I had a NOS Bracket with Zipper Cover that friend Hayes Otoupalik sent me. I removed the canvas and encounter it every couple years. Will let you know when it surfaces again.
I don't really care to bolt on accessories just because there is a hole for it.
My enjoyment is to make MVs look authentic and run like Swiss Watches, anyone can "hang kit", but the real challenge is reliable "turnkey" operation. Most CCKWs and other MVs went thru life less all that bolt on junk. Besides, the Rifle Holder in a Closed Cab is in the way of passengers, and may contribute to the passenger leaving the cab head first. Most GIs just laid their rifles on the seat or set them on the floor and leaned them against the seat.
old57XLA
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC 56 42 WLA 57XLA

Post by old57XLA »

I have one with the canvas cover, NOS. What was the canvas cover for? Was it a post WII modification? Sadly, mice took up residence inside it, and filled it with chewed up fabric, and worse. Nasty little buggers, they soil their own living quarters! Hal
I wish I had more time, more space, and more money!
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Wartime, it was on Late CCKW and is seen on GPW production line photos. It keeps the rain and dirt off the weapons.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

We were issued a new CAT 12 Grader in 1962 with the WWII type Rifle Holder with Canvas Cover, which is evidence that they were still issue. The M-38 served well into the late 60s and they had provision for the Rifle Holder. I never have seen evidence of an M-38 with a rifle holder installed.
Last edited by RANGER on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Have one like new WWII original left $240.00+$20.00 FedEx within the lower 48 USofA.

No rust, damage or missing parts.