Dodge WC64 KD For Sale

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
Forgotten Field
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Dodge WC64 KD For Sale

Post by Forgotten Field »

I am selling the best of my WC64 KD vehicles. Price $15,000. It will be on display at Hershey AACA Car Show this week.

It runs and drives beautifully (but without brakes). It is a nearly complete project, except for the following:
1. Cab frame for canvas top missing
2. Canvas top missing
3. Inorrect engine-driven fuel pump (Originals available from Mid-West Military)
4. Patient compartment heater controls missing
5. Pioneer Tools missing (Reproductions Available)
6. There is minor rust on the patient compartment, including some rust-through on small areas.

This one goes through all gears beautifully- when I opened up the transmission, there was still case hardening visible on the gears. The cab and chassis are nearly rust-free. Photos below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128395580 ... 389921136/
Last edited by Forgotten Field on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here, just move along...
Forgotten Field
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: Dodge WC64 KD For Sale Back to Top

Post by Forgotten Field »

An Update:

I've been running this truck now for a few months. It starts easily and just purrrrrs as only a Dodge WC can. I have driven it in 2WD and 4WD (off road) and it goes through all gears very nicely. It is running on a simple ignition circuit- the original wiring harness is present but I have bypassed it until I can get it out and test everything. The Odometer has 20,603 miles on it at this point, and I think those are the original miles. I am working on overhauling the brakes with the rebuilt slope-top master cylinder original to this truck and four NOS wheel cylinders. I am also repairing and overhauling the low-sided seats for this truck.

Going through the patient compartment, I am real impressed with the original paint on everything- the bench seat wood is just incredibly original in its OD paint and is all useable. After re-looking at my other projects, I have found that these bench seats had cushions. I will make patterns for them and will be attempting to have them reproduced before I sell this truck. If not, the purchaser would have access to patterns after I have them made. There is some minor rust including some rust-through on the lower box and the edges of the roof line.

I have since the last post added a few things which will go with this running driving project:
1. Original canvas doors
2. Rear Compartment Step
3. Right side running board
4. Correct outer windshield frame with reparable inner; these have a sliding track as opposed to the capstan studs like on the other WC's. This windshield will need repair.
5. Original Spare Tire Carrier (needs the plate and special nut)
6. Both Gas and Water Can Carriers (original)
7. Original Pioneer Tool Rack
8. 3 new Denman NDT tires (they are NOS from before Denman went away) and 2 OOS (Old Old Stock) NDT's from a former dealer- they are originals from the 1960's or so but look almost as good as the NOS Denmans
9. NOS rear compartment wiring harness

Still missing are the patient compartment heater controls, original canvas top and frame work, and the support for the forward can bracket (mounts on the passenger side front fender).

Price is still $15,000 but I would be open to interesting trades on aircraft or WWII vehicles.
Nothing to see here, just move along...