WTB VF parts

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
kwolfe3972
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: I have a power wagon and vd-21, I am hoping to find a wc-21

WTB VF parts

Post by kwolfe3972 »

I am picking up a VF this summer and I need a few parts, I would like to find a good set of front fenders if I could. I also need the grill guard and a hood ornament. I have several 1940 jumping ram ornaments but I don't know if they ever used them on military trucks.
thanks
Keith In West Virginia
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: WTB VF parts

Post by Gordon_M »

Good and bad news then.

The only way to get military VF fenders is to buy another military VF to rob them from, however you can buy TF or VF civilian fenders and just alter the fender cutouts to suit ( if it is like the VC, the fender cutout HEIGHT is the same, but the LENGTH is a few inches longer.

The 1940 military radiator ornament is specific to that years military trucks. I'd check with Eric TOWNWAGON Bannerman, as he could probably sell you the right ornament he currently has a set of front trim;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-40-VC-VD-V ... 5d4a71b832
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
kwolfe3972
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: I have a power wagon and vd-21, I am hoping to find a wc-21

Re: WTB VF parts

Post by kwolfe3972 »

I figured that was how it would be with the front fenders. I have the orginals one is definatly fixable. The other is questionable. I have thought about cutting parts out of a civilian 1 1/2 ton fender to fit may try that. I will check with eric on the ornament.
thanks
Keith