1934 Chevrolet 1.5 ton cargo truck

David DeWeese
Corporal
Corporal

1934 Chevrolet 1.5 ton cargo truck

Post by David DeWeese »

This truck arrived at my shop last weekend, and I thought some of you might be interested in seeing some photos of it. For some reason, I still can't get photos to post at full size, so just click on them.
David DeWeese
Corporal
Corporal

Post by David DeWeese »

Data plate on bed reads "Wood Hydraulic" on top, and "Gar Wood Industries" right below. Those wood rails are one piece of rough-cut timber. Have no idea if they are original, but look as old as the truck and still have OD on them.
David DeWeese
Corporal
Corporal

Post by David DeWeese »

Grille guard is missing, but still has the original tow hooks, cast-iron spare tire bracket on frame and liscense plate holder. My crappy computer keeps locking-up on me when I try tp post photos, so if anyone wants any reference photos of this truck, let me know and I'll be more than happy to help.
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

for sale?

Post by 68427vette »

are you keeping this one??
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
David DeWeese
Corporal
Corporal

Post by David DeWeese »

Nope, it got stuffed into a container last weekend, and is now headed to Holland. Went to some good people that have the money and motivation to do it up right.
David DeWeese
Corporal
Corporal

Post by David DeWeese »

Jeff, I came on this forum to talk WW2 Military trucks. How you took my last post as a personal jab at you is a mystery. No problems on this end. As for the truck, I don't have the cash or time to restore it, so I passed it on to someone who will. After all, it's supposed to be all about the trucks, right?
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

all is good,, must have been pms in,, i may be putting a wc11 up for sale, on ebay, i just dropped a huge amount on a LARGE project,,,that's coming in, M20 Armored Car , jc
Last edited by 68427vette on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Good, glad that's sorted

Post by Gordon_M »

Now get abck to bidding on that 1940 cargo truck the pair of you...

8~)

(I wish I had the money to bid on something but still paying for this house)
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
David DeWeese
Corporal
Corporal

Post by David DeWeese »

I talked to the guy who is selling it last night. He is firm on that Buy it Now price. Would like to have it, but price is a little steep, and what little money I have really needs to go in other directions.
Besides, I have too much "yard art" already. :)
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

I could always send you some cash ...?

Post by Gordon_M »

Actually I think we need to experiment with that spare wheel carrier and just try UPS ing it over to me to see how it works.

I'm getting on with the panel van that I'm going to use it on, but because of previous poor repairs the area where the slot to clear the spare wheel mount will be cut is up and down like my bank account. I could really do with the mount as it would let me size up and position the cuts I need to make, then get the rest of the side straight.

no pressure though, but worth a try, and I'd liek to find out if UPS really was a decent movement option for the other stuff.

Gordon
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

david, did you ever get that early wwii chevy in from out west of you,,, love to buy,,, jc